Half way through the week already! We have our small group tonight and I made Hello Dolly squares because it is my week to bring a treat. They consist only of graham cracker crumbs, coconut, butter, chocolate chips and condensed milk. My teeth were starting to ache when I was making them, but the sure smell good in the oven! (How can you go wrong with those ingredients? Yum!)
I made a fall bucket list because it's my favourite time of year and I wanted to compile a list of actvities I wanted to get done in the next few months. I had fun with my summer bucket list earlier this year so here's to my fall one...
1. apple picking- this is our yearly tradition and I think this Friday it might get checked off;)
2. run 21.1 km- I find after I run a half marathon, I slack off in the running department. I want this time to be different. I'm not training for any long distance runs right now, but I want to run a "half marathon a la Heidi" this fall sometime. Perfect running weather + a challenging distance= satisfaction.
3. run an organized race. My cousin Rachel and I are running in a 7km relay race this coming November. We are going to get paired with a random third person. Random is good. and fun!
4. corn maze or pumpkin patch- We both have been wanting to go to a corn maze... Kenny wants to go to a haunted one and I want to go to a kid-friendly/scare-free one. I think a pumpkin would look cute on my door step and going to a pumpkin patch is just that much more fun than going to the grocery store!
5. make apple butter- Thanks to Pinterest, I now really want to try this new-to-me apple butter. It sounds/looks delicious and is done in a slow cooker, aka easy. What's not to love?
6. carve a jack-o-lantern- my sister and brother in law usually host a carving party around Halloween so I am hoping to get this one crossed off too!
Anything on your fall bucket list this year?
Have you ever made or tried apple butter?
Any races planned for this fall?