Remember my bucket list earlier this summer? I created one a few months ago with a list of events and activities I wanted to do this summer. I definitely didn't get to do everything, but that goes along with the business of summer. I had a great summer, so don't let some of the uncrossed activities fool you;)
Here was my list:
1. Hike Cape Split. We didn't get to do this. In fact, we didn't get on any hikes this summer. I'm hoping with the cooler weather here we'll be rearin' to go.
|this is an old pic from 2010 when we went. There is a very steep drop right below where I am standing and that explains my hunch back position. I don't really like heights;)|
2. Run a race. done! I ran a 10K in our city here. It was awesome because it ran through my favorite neighborhood where we used to live. Kind of cool- the Defence Minister of Canada also ran it!
|coming up to the finish line. can you say concentration, lol?|
3. Try Treego. Boooo! We were at the amusement park across the street, but we were on a family trip and didn't have our car. We decided we should probably not ditch the family and we had planned to go at a later date. Maybe the same day as hiking? jk:)
|pic from our family bumper boat session:)|
4. grow snap peas. done! It was so exciting watching them grow and it made me want a garden. I definitely need some gardening lessons b/c they were a tangled mess, but the peas tasted good!
5. have a picnic. done! Kenny and I packed up a lunch one afternoon and went to a park nearby our place. It was fun, there is just something about a picnic...
6. go to the caves. Didn't get around to this. Sometime I want to do this with camping. There is a campground closeby so it'd make a fun weekend.
What are the Caves? Check it out here
7. Not-Since-Moses Run. done! and seriously such a fun weekend.
8. Cows Ice Cream. done! It's a Canada Day tradition so that was crossed off long ago;)
|pb cup ice cream.|
9. Wolfville Market. Not yet, come to think of it that is more of a fall thing we usually do. I'm thinking maybe this weekend go for a mini road trip:)
10. Meet Dan and Katie for a visit. done! We had a whole day of visiting when Dan did the NSM run with Rach and I back in July
11. Visit my sisters. This didn't happen, but I am toying with the idea of going for a Christmas visit because Kenny is working and I will have a brand new little baby to hold (my sisters baby!)
...and that's my summer bucket list broken down. I think I had a pretty fun summer! Both Kenny and I love the fall so we tend to do all of our favorite activities during the next few months. I'm thinking of going peach picking this weekend. My friend Emily went last wknd and it looked like so much fun, and you get a big bucket o' peaches at the end. Mmmmm.
What was your favorite summer activity you did this summer?
Favorite kind of ice-cream?
Favorite fall activity?