I was craving a burger the other night and since we didn't have any ground beef in the house I decided to make some meat-free burgers. It was good timing because Kenny was away and I don't think he would try these, so they were all for me:)
I bought rice vinegar a few weeks ago for a thai dish I made so now I add it to foods that need a kick. It basically goes well with anything; marinades, stir-frys, soups, salads, etc.
Black Bean and Lentil Burgers:
- 1 can of black beans
- 1.5 cups of cooked lentils
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar (optional!)
- 1 tbsp of crushed chilis (optional! these ended up being really hot)
- 1tbsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp of garlic onion soup mix
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Mash the beans and lentils. If I wasn't so lazy I would have brought out the food processor, but you know how those things are to clean? So I had an arm workout instead. triceps? check. biceps? check.
- Add everything in a bowl together and mix
- Form into patties. They are pretty sticky, just fyi.
- BBQ! I used a veggie tray for my BBQ because they would have fallen through the racks. Cook them for about10 minutes until they are slightly crispy
|it appears that my arm workout missed mashing some beans and lentils. Oops.|
What burger do you prefer- veggie or meat?
Food processor- worth the clean?